Thursday, March 31, 2016

Tasting - Siema Vino Rosso

Name: Siema
Variety: Colcetto, Barbera, and Nebbiolo (Vino Rosso)
Region: Piemonte
Country: Italy
Year: Non-Vintage
Price: Regular $10 Sale $6.95

Shop/wine critic/winery review: "Intense ruby red with soft garnet nuances in the glass, the Rosso is intriguingly fresh, fruity, and spicy on the nose. Perfectly round and balanced, the wine is particularly soft and dry. Pair with simple dishes like fresh cheese, ham, salami, or pizza for a divine culinary experience." Vintage Cellar

My review: The butter train hit my nose immediately with this wine, but I don't mind it. I like the butter train because it had some passengers. It was accompanied by rounded vanillas and cream, but also had the intense flavors of mixed berries (and no copper smell that I accompany these types with!) The flavor on the mouth was a bit more cherry and spicy with some oak and was only a bit dry. Overall I really liked this wine and found it to be my style. It was a red that can be had young and even by itself. I was tempted to buy this and had to tell myself to save my money. I really would like to have this one again, though.

This wine was tasted at the Vintage Cellar in Blacksburg,Virginia without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment