Thursday, March 17, 2016

Tasting - Bolla Bardolino


Name: Bolla
Variety: 60% Corvina, 30% Rondinella, and 10% Molinara
Region: Bardolino
Country: Italy
Year: 2013
Price: Regular-$18 Sale-$6.95

Shop/wine critic/winery review: "A blend of 60% Corvina, 30% Rondinella, 10% Molinara this bright ruby red wine has hints of black cherry on the nose. It is soft and fruit-forward, with black-fruit flavors followed by a bright and fresh finish. Serve it as the Italians do-young and lightly chilled. Pairs perfectly with fleshy fish, beef, lamb, red-sauced pastas and pizza." Vintage Cellar

My Review: This wine had an interesting color. It was a light red with a slight yellow tint around the edges which I thought actually looked pretty cool. Let me tell you friends, this was definition of a nose bomb. It was like a summer day at a drive in movie theater. There was buttered popcorn, hot dogs on a grill, the works. This is what I got. Who are you going to believe a wine review or me? Com on, at least I'm being real here. It was kind of awesome. I liked the feel, it was a bit dry and had quite a tannic structure to it, but wasn't overly young or anything. It was enjoyable and berrylike until about 30 seconds after I drank it when a weird metallic taste came into my mouth. That bummed me out. I liked it until the aftertaste came. Too bad, I may have bought it otherwise.

I tasted this wine at Vintage Cellar in Blacksurg, Virginia without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment