Thursday, March 31, 2016

Tasting - Beringer Chenin Blanc

Name: Beringer
Variety: Chenin Blanc
Region: California
Country: United States
Year: 2014
Price: $5.95

Shop/wine critic/winery review: "A fresh green-apple aroma and vivid citrus and crisp apple flavors are supported by vibrant acidity in this medium-bodied wine. The texture is smooth but crisp, making lots of good food pairings come to mind, from pre-meal cheese, to salads, seafood, and veggie pastas." Vintage Cellar

My review: A bit of ginger and rotten mango or cantaloupe smell going on here. I wasn't really sure what was going on and I surely didn't get the "crispness" from this wine at all. It smelled pretty bad to be. Upon tasting it it honestly just lacked acidity, was too sweet, and felt flabby in my mouth. It had a flat soda taste, to be honest. Like it was a week old or something, I hope this particular bottle wasn't spoiled, making my tasting notes irrelevant, but this was just not good compared to all the wonderful wines that came before it!

This wine was tasted without food at the Vintage Cellar in Blacksburg, Virginia.

No comments:

Post a Comment