Sunday, March 6, 2016

Tasting - Grand Cru Pinot Noir


Name: Grand Cru Vineyards
Variety: Pinot Noir
Region: Orange County, California
Country: United States
Year: 2013
Price: $6.95
Shop/wine critic/winery review: "This ruby-colored wine has aromas of raspberry, cherry, and a hint of vanilla. Flavors of cherry and plum lead to a soft velvety finish. This wine can be enjoyed by itself. It is also an excellent accompaniment with Brie, goat cheese, and smoked salmon. Lamb shanks and pork tenderloin are favorite main dishes to pair with this wine." Vintage Cellar

My Review: Well, here it is again. That cherry, berry, copper smell with a tad bit of vanilla and butter. I still don't know if I like this. It's kind of weird to me, but it has been distinct in so many of the wine aromas I've tried. Sometimes they end up tasting alright, sometimes not. I wasn't a big fan of this one, though. I'm pretty sure there was a great berry flavor in there and was nice and dry but, good golly, it was hidden by a ton of burnt matchstick flavor. I'd say pass on this one. It was drinkable, but not a favorite. 

This wine was tasted at Vintage Cellar in Blacksburg, Virginia without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment