Saturday, March 5, 2016

Tasting - Quitas Melgaco Blue


Name: Quintas Melgaco Blue
Variety: Vinho Verde
Region: Unknown
Country: Portugal
Year: 2013
Price: Regular-$10 Sale-$5.95

Shop/wine critic/winery review: "Refreshingly crisp white wine from Portugal--Vinho Verde is soft, light, and refreshing, and is uncompromising and ideal wine for everyday pleasure. Its bright color and pineapple aromas are followed y citrus notes. The palate is clean and fresh. Vinho Verde is an excellent accompaniment to fish and shellfish, white meats, and salads." Vintage Cellar

My Review: I thought this wine was great! The first notes I got from this wine were floral followed by some light fruit notes of pineapple and crisp apple. Very light smelling and summery, which I enjoy. Upon tasting this wine I got some tropical notes and even a nice buttery round finish, which I didn't expect, but I personally really enjoy and thought it gave this light wine a bit more weight on the finish. I actually decided to buy this wine as it was one of my favorite whites on the tasting list!

This wine was tasted at the Vintage Cellar in Blacksburg, Virginia without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment