Friday, February 26, 2016

Tasting - Vina Galana Alicante Bouchet


Name: Vina Galana
Variety: Alicante Bouchet (Garnacha Tintorera)
Region: La Mancha
Country: Spain
Year: 2012
Price: Regular-$15 Sale-$9.95

Shop/wine critic/winery review: "From the rare Alicante Bouchet, one of the few grapes in the world with red flesh, this wine has a plush texture carrying flavors on brandied cherry and chocolate ganache in the round red. Light tannins and gentle acidity impart a lovely, balanced structure." - Vintage Cellar

My review: Wow. That smells like straight alcohol. Like vodka. I wasn't even sure I wanted to put this in my mouth because I wasn't sure it was wine. Okay, I'll give it something, it was like a flavored vodka-raspberry or something. Nevertheless, I wouldn't just not try it. Thankfully it didn't have a straight vodka taste. But it was semi chemical-like with a cranberry taste hiding in the background. Too much for me. I probably wouldn't purchase this at all, but that's just my opinion. Too hot, hot, hot!

I tasted this wine at the Vintage Cellar in Blacksburg, Virginia without food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment