Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Tasting - La Lejania Sauvignon Blanc


Name: La Lejania Sauvignon Blanc
Variety: 100% Sauvignon Blanc
Region: Central Valley (Valle de Maule)
Country: Chile
Year: 2015
Price: Regular- $10 Sale- $6.95

Shop/wine critic/winery review: "Notes of Citrus, grapefruit, mandarin orange and asparagus. Fresh and clean ... drinking tremendous right now! -Wine Library

My Review: The nose came across as both clean and sharp with a mixture of pineapple, a plastic table that has just been cleaned, and a slight floral aroma. The feel was a bit sharp and acidic at first, then opened up to a heavier citrus flavor. It was not too dry, and definitely enjoyable as a refreshing table wine. I could see myself drinking this wine again, as it was decent, but I probably wouldn't find myself out searching for it in order to purchase it.
This wine was tasted at Vintage Cellar in Blacksburg, Virginia without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment