Friday, February 26, 2016

Tasting - Dom Michel Thomas Sancerre Rose


Name: Dom Michel Thomas
Variety: Sancerre Rose
Region: Loire Valley
Country: France
Year: 2013
Price: Regular-$32.00 Sale-$8.95

Shop/wine critic/winery review: "Bright orange-pink. Lively, mineral-tinged aromas of fresh red berries, orange peel, and honeysuckle, with a hint of anise building in the glass. Dry and nervy in the mouth, offering vibrant strawberry and orange pith flavors and a suggestion of rose pastille. The floral element comes back on the finish, which lingers with very good spicy persistence." - Vintage Cellar

My review: I agree with the review that the fruity aroma that I got from this wine was very citrussy like oranges or orange peel with a bit of pineapple. I also caught fresh floral notes as well. The taste of this wine was dry and light, but had a sharp acidity and gave a bitter sour apple candy after taste. I know that's not something a lot of people might enjoy, but I liked it and thought it kind of reminded me of those sour warheads you get as a kid, but a little less intense. Side note, the color of this wine is beautiful! I though it had an interesting structure and would love to try it again for the sale price.

I tasted this wine at Vintage Cellar in Blacksburg, Virginia without food.



No comments:

Post a Comment