Friday, February 26, 2016

Tasting - Riebeek Cellars Viognier


Name: Riebeek Cellars Collection
Variety: Viognier
Region: Swartland
Country: South Africa
Year: 2015
Price: Regular-$12.00 Sale-$7.95

Shop/wine critic/winery review: "This is a luscious viogner, featuring a deep yellow color, that explodes with juicy peach and honeysuckle flavors. Viognier can easily become flabby, but this one manages to keep its figure within bounds. I recommend this for immediate, lip-smacking enjoyment." - Washington Post

My review: The aromas I got from this were amazing! It was something that wasn't just...fruit for once. It reminded me of being near a babbling brook or a creek running over fresh pebbles or something. It actually took me somewhere, and I thought that was really cool. I'm not sure if creek water, grass, and stones are something to strive for in a beverage, but the distinct characteristic was interesting at least. Upon tasting the wine I thankfully didn't feel like I was consuming creek water or stones, it was actually more peachy, but nothing too distinct. Very subtle peach. It wasn't very acidic at all, which may have been nice, but I really did enjoy this one!

This tasting was made at Vintage Cellar in Blacksburg, Virginia without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment