Friday, February 12, 2016

Tasting - Les Clos Francs Vouvray


Name: Les Clos Francs
Variety: Chenin Blanc
Region: Vouvray, Loire Valley
Country: France
Year: 2013
Price: Regular- $21 Sale-$7.95

Shop/wine critic/winery review: "The cool climate in the Vouvray appellation area insures good acidity, which is balanced by the distinctly fruity character of the Chenin Blan and the mineral qualities imparted by the soil. Thanks to these natural elements, the half-dry Vouvray combines elegance and vigor with sweetness and an inherent freshness." - Kysela Pere Et Fil, Ltd., Distributor and Importer

My Review: If I could take the aroma of the wine and put it in a candle I would. The smell was very tropical with hints of guava and papaya and maybe some floral hints as well. I went to taste it and was slightly disappointed because the smell was so amazing. I loved that it actually wasn't too acidic, but the difference between the smell and the taste was high. It wasn't bad, but I think I set my expectations very high after catching that aroma. The taste was something like banana, so it was pleasant enough. I found myself craving something like pizza to go with this, as strange as that sounds. I may go back and grab a bottle of this as I found it so interesting!

I tasted this wine at the Vintage Cellar in Blacksburg, Virginia without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment