Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Tasting - Rosemount Estate Chardonnay


























Name: Rosemount Estate Diamond Label
Variety: Chardonnay
Region: South Eastern Australia
Country: Australia
Year: 2013
Price: Regular- $10 Sale-$5.95


Shop/wine critic/winery review: "This wine has a peachy scent and smooth texture; it's a little perfumey for us, but far from the worst Chardonnay you can get for under ten bucks at your local liquor store. It tastes as if the peach puree has already been added, so put this to use in your fruit-filled sangria." -SeriousEats

My Review: I wouldn't necessarily agree with SeriousEats on the fact that it tasted like peach puree was added in there or anything of that sort. This wine intrigued me a bit because it was the first time I had really tasted something may different then what I had smelled. The nose was light and I was hit with orchard type fruit smells such as sweet pear and apple. When I tasted the wine I actually received the toasted oak barrel as well as the caramelized taste. This was not too acidic and was rich and buttery. I thoroughly enjoyed this wine and would call it my favorite from the night's tastings. (I even bought a bottle for my roommate's 22nd birthday!)

This wine was tasted at the Vintage Cellar in Blacksburg, Virginia without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment