Friday, February 12, 2016

Tasting - El Cortijillo Tempranillo


Name: El Cortijillo
Variety: Tempranillo
Region: La Mancha
Country: Spain
Year: 2014
Price: Regular-$9 Sale-$5.95

Shop/wine critic/winery review: "Up front aromas of raspberry and cherry fruit, medium to light weight, Rhone wine in character, cherry fruit flavors, followed by bright acidity. Reminds of a mythical cross between a Pinor Noir and a Cotes-du-Rhone. Pleasant and fun, bistro red." -Kysela Pere Et Fils, Ltd., Importer and Distributor

My Review: A very wonderful berry and cherry smell-a sugary fruit smell which I thought was delightful! A hint of something like copper was in the background of the nose, though which was interesting. Upon tasting the wine, it was also very different from the aromas I gathered. It had a peppery taste without any of the berry notes I had smelled in the wine. It wasn't bad and I probably wouldn't mind this if I tried it with food.

This wine was tasted at the Vintage Cellar in Blacksburg, Virginia without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment