Sunday, April 24, 2016

Tasting - Terranoble Cabernet Sauvignon

Name: Terranoble
Variety: Cabernet Sauvignon
Region: Central Valley
Country: Chile
Year: 2013
Price: $8.95

Shop/wine critic/winery review: "This Cabernet Sauvignon offers an intense and deep color and lovely aromas of red fruit, pepper, and tobacco. It has smooth tannins, freshness, and rich fruit, which gives the wine a good balance. Pair with barbecued beef ribs, grilled sea bass, or spaghetti alla Bolognese." Vintage Cellar

My review: This had that "butter, copper, dark mixed berry" smell to it like any good Cabernet Sauvignon to me,  guess. I feel like I ought to come up with a specific word for that so other people can relate to this smell with me. It's a mixture of aromas that comes up way to often for it not to have its own name! In addition it had a bit of a wet stone smell as well. It tasted dry and light and had flavors of plums, matches, and charcoal. I agree that this would be great with barbecued ribs or brisket or something and would really like to try it with that. I don't think sipping Cabs without food really does them any justice, but maybe that's just me.

This wine was tasted at the Vintage Cellar in Blacksburg, Virginia without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment