Saturday, April 16, 2016

Tasting - Alta Luna Pinot Noir

Name: Alta Luna
Variety: Pinot Noir
Region: Vigneti delle Dolomiti
Country: Italy
Price: Regular $20 Sale $9.95
Year: 2011

Shop/wine critic/winery review: "On the nose cherry, plum, and berry aromas mingle with notes of spice and tobacco. On the palate soft, supple tannins and refreshing acidity are beautifully balanced by ripe cherry fruit flavors on the finish which is dry, harmonious and elegant." Vintage Cellar 

My review: A very drinkable wine! It had a woody taste to it, but it wasn't quite oak. Cedar probably. There were some berries in the bouquet as well. This wine had excellent structure and a good balance of acidity, tannins, and sweetness. Something interesting in this wine that I hadn't experienced before was a slight "ting" it gave me in the back of my mouth after it went down. Not quite sour, but more of an after"feel" as opposed to an aftertaste. I would recommend this wine, I thought it was a great Pinot!

This wine was tasted at the Vintage Cellar in Blacksburg, Virginia without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment