Saturday, April 16, 2016

Tasting - Lost Vineyards Spumante Italiano Moscato

Name: Lost Vineyards
Variety: Spumante
Region: Piedmont
Country: Italy
Year: Non-Vintage
Price: $6.95

Shop/wine critic/winery review: "Pale color. Confected, fruity aromas of yellow apple, honeysuckle, pear tartlet, and honeydew melon with a satiny, shy, spritzy, moderately sweet light-to-medium body and a sleek, fast yellow apple, candied pear, honeycomb, and sweet papaya finish with no tannins and no oak. Simple and approachable with sweet apple, melon, and candied pear on a framework of gentle, delightful bubbles." Vintage Cellar

My review: The color was so fun and pink! And it was bubbly! I was expecting something really fun and sweet and that was what I was in the mood for. This should be sweet right? Wow, no. That was...crappy department store dressing room. Yeah, I'm bringing up that aroma description again like I did with a past Riesling. It's so weirdly specific. Interesting. That and mushrooms. I seriously love the bubbles and the chill in this wine, but wow, it just didn't go together. I don't usually was "sparkling", sweet mushrooms. It was just odd to me. It was extremely vegetal in a sweet wine. Like a big old mixture of spinach and mushrooms that got a bit too much sugar put into it. Probably wouldn't recommend this one, but it didn't make me miserable or anything. The combination was just weird.

This wine was tasted at the Vintage Cellar in Blacksburg, Virginia without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment