Saturday, April 16, 2016

Tasting - Jip Jip Rocks Shiraz/Cabernet Sauvignon

Name: Jip Jip Rocks
Variety: Shraz and Cabernet Sauvignon
Region: Padthaway
Country: Australia
Year: 2013
Price: Regular $19 Sale $8.95

Shop/wine critic/winery review: "This red wine is a well above average effort with lots of flavor as well as Australia's so easily obtainable, lush fruit. The 2013 Shiraz/Cabernet Sauvignon (55% and 45% respectively) exhibits a dark ruby/purple hue along with a layered, peppery, berry fruit-scented nose revealing licorice and meaty notes. From a much lighter vintage, it is a supple, easygoing red to enjoy now and over the next several years. 87 points." Robert Parker

My review: First off, the name of this wine is awesome. Second off the color of this wine is mega dark and looks great! So...to the aroma. Animal farm. This was straight animal farm and was stenchy like wet goats. It was pretty weird and made me say "whoa!" out loud because I definitely didn't expect that! That same taste was coming through with the taste along with some oranges and petroleum thrown in there. I don't think I'm used to this as much as I thought...maybe this is somethingI will come to like but the animal stench was just so strong I'm not sure I could get past it. Unless of course you served this with some beef or lamb. Then it might be as awesome as the Jip Jip name!

This wine was tasted at the Vintage Cellar in Blacksburg, Virginia without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment